According to Section 474 of the Companies Ordinance Chapter 622:
- Each Hong Kong limited company shall have a secretary who can be a director of the company.
- If the company has only 1 director, the director shall not also be the secretary of the company.
- The secretary of a company shall be an individual, ordinarily reside in Hong Kong or a body corporate which has its registered office or a place of business in Hong Kong.
Duties of a Company Secretary:
- File Annual Return to the Companies Registry (Remark: Late filing of “Annual Return” would be subject to Government penalty & Court sue.)
- Liaison for members and directors meetings
- Prepare and properly maintain minutes of members and directors meetings
- File Returns of Directors and Secretary to the Companies Registry.
- File Return of Allotment to the Companies Registry.
- Arrange for share allotment and transfer issues.
- Maintain and update registers of members, directors, secretaries and transfers.
As the Secretary of the company, we provide the following services:
- Act as the named Secretary of the company
- Preparation and filing of Annual Return
- Preparation of Annual General Meeting documents
- Maintaining and updating the companys statutory records
- Preparation and filing of documents related to change of registered office
- Preparation and filing of documents related to change of directors and secretary and their particulars
- Other services (please contact us for more information)